Camp Jupiter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Jupiter

The Camp for Roman demigods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Camp Jupiter!
Camp Jupiter is the sister site of Camp Half-Blood
Please read the rules and updates before making your characters or posting, due to improvements in the site. Thank you!

At the forges (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

At the forges (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae frowned at his response, feeling her cheeks grow red again. "Old enough," she reasoned, taking a large bite out of her brownie. The chocolate was smooth and rich, reminding her of home. This was one good memory, among several tainted ones.

Flicking her eyes back up at Will, she gave him a trying face, but she couldn't help but smile slightly. "I'm not that clumsy," Renae responded, shaking she head slightly. "I found it about a year ago," she added with a shrug.
outfit
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 pm

William laughed. "So if you're not clumsy how did your blade break?" He asked. He was still just teasing, although he really was interested in how the blade broke. It's a rare occurrence that a blade cleanly breaks like that. He took a bite of the brownie and closed his eyes. They were really, really good.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:16 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae scowled at him, rolling her blue eyes as she did so. "I told you, I gave it to a friend," she said with a raise of an eyebrow. "Maybe you weren't listening." The demigod was often like this when she didn't think people understood what she was talking about. That, and she liked pointing out what people did wrong.

"I don't know how he broke it," she muttered with a shrug. The demigod guessed that the younger boy had stuck it in a chink of armor, and twisted it or something. The blade wasn't that strong anyways, after all, it was pretty thin and flimsy. "I just know he did."
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:50 pm

"Sorry. It looks like I'm the clumsy one. Must've slipped my mind." He said, slightly embarrassed with himself. He honestly had very little interaction with others, and don't think he had ever been on a date before. Wait, date? This was not a date, at least he didn't think so. "Well, whatever he did, it shouldn't happen again. My guess is that there was a fault line in the blade, a microfracture that was caused by something as simple as dropping it or stepping on it, and it must've been stressed beyond what the blade could take and broke clean across the fault line. Where's the rest of it anyway? Did he not give the tip back with the rest of the blade?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae gave a wave of her hand, as if that meant there was no reason to be sorry. She didn't want to think much about her blade anymore, after all, now it was fixed. Brushing a strand of wavy hair out of her eyes, she cast her icy glaze at William. "It's fine," she said smoothly.

She tried to absorb what the son of Vulcan was saying, but she ended up just nodding. Renae wasn't the smartest girl, and didn't really understand what he meant, but she didn't ask questions. "Oh, right," the demigod muttered, biting a chunk off her brownie. She began taking small sips of her hot chocolate to prevent from burning her tongue.

"So, which one of the cohorts are you in?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:52 pm

William couldn't help but smile when she told him it was fine. "I'm in the third." He said, taking another bite out of his brownie. "What about you?" He asked. He didn't want to strike any nerves, but he did want to find out more about her. His questions would have to be... Constructed.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 7:39 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae noticed his smile, and frantically took another bite of her brownie. It was good, of course, but it was gone now. She hadn't expected him to be in third, but she simply nodded. "Lucky you," she muttered, wiping the crumbs on the floor. The demigod wasn't the kind to be jealous, okay maybe she was, but she wasn't exactly proud to be in the fourth cohort. It was better than the fifth, but one would think a daughter of time could do so much better.

Taking a rather large gulp of her still steaming hot chocolate, she almost choked as he asked her the same question. "Er," she shrugged, swallowing the liquid, her tongue feeling on fire. "Fourth," Renae said quickly.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:47 am

"I suppose." He said in response to her 'lucky' comment. "If you don't mind, where does your godly blood come from?" He asked. "If I had to guess I'd say something along the lines of Venus or... Bellona maybe?" She was pretty enough to be Venus, but she also was hostile enough at times to have the blood of a war god/goddess.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:50 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae raised an eyebrow at him, sipping at her hot chocolate slowly. Her tongue was still numb from her previous rapid gulp, and she was trying to prevent it. His question seemed normal at first, and she was going to respond, before he added the Venus part. The demigod felt her face burning as the girl set her cup of still steaming water down. "Uh, no..." she muttered, running a hand through her hair.

Setting her hands in her lap, she didn't know what to think. Renae hadn't ever been compared to one of the beautiful daughters of Venus, or the powerful daughters of Bellona. She was far from any of that. "Saturn, actually, the time dude," the demigod said with a shrug, taking a quick sip of her hot chocolate.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Williams's eyes lit up when she told him. Saturn was a primordial god, the same generation as Gaia and Tartarus. "Really? That puts both my guesses to shame." He said with a grin. He had a new appreciation for this girl. He took another bite of his brownie and then realized that it was his last. The brownie was finished. He hoped Renae wouldn't notice so that he had an excuse to sit and talk with her for longer.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:55 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae smiled as his eyes lit up. She hadn't ever gotten a reaction like that out of her godly parentage. It was like most people to accept her easily. Saturn was an ancient God, one from the beginning of, well, time. He was time, which meant he was old. People also thought that meant she must either be super powerful, or talented at something. But she wasn't. She was just Renae.

"It's fine, I guess, I mean, he's not common," she said with a small shrug. Most people figured she was the daughter of a lesser god, which the girl agreed with most of the time. Renae didn't have many powers, if any that she knew of. She just kind of lived without those nice benefits, which is probably one of the reasons she ended up in the Fourth. She liked the Cohort, but she had higher standards for herself to meet.

"Sometimes I wish I could actually prove it," the demigod thought aloud. "Like, some people have skills or powers, like you." Renae sighed, taking a rather agitated sip of her hot chocolate. "But me? I don't."
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:39 pm

"No, he really isn't. I don't think I've ever even heard of a demigod with his parentage existing before. I do have to say, it's extremely cool." William started playing with the wrapper from the brownie, twisting it and shaping it while the conversation continued on. In response to her statement, he said "Well, it's more like a knowledge rather than a power, especially if you compare it to the kids that my dad gives power over fire or things like that, but I get what you're saying. Has he claimed you?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae gave him another weak smile. Was he trying to be nice? She figured, but maybe that was just how Will was. It was a comforting change from the usual people who viewed her. "You're dad's so old! Are you old too?" or "I thought Saturn gave his kids powers!" Either way, it stung. Not as badly as the beatings from her stepfather, but a similar numbness. "Thanks," she said airily, sipping more of her drink.

She tried to soak up in the information he was giving her, and simply nodded. "Yeah, he has," Renae muttered, running the metal clock through her fingers. The clock had been a gift from her mother, from her father. It was a simple clock, kind of like a pocket watch, only it was on a chain for her neck. "I just wanted a little more, I suppose."

Renae laughed nervously, running a hand through her hair once more. "Sorry, that sounds really self centered, doesn't it?" she apologized quickly. She didn't like people thinking badly of her. That was her job, to point out flaws in others, while avoiding the things wrong with herself.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:03 pm

William noticed her toying with a metal clock on her necklace, and made a mental note of it. "That's from him isn't it?" He asked. "It's not self centered. It's just human nature. We want what we don't have, whatever that may be." He wished she would smile, for real. He'd seen her smile, but never give a beaming grin to him, and he doubted he would see one for a while.

Last edited by Labyrinth-Designer on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 5:20 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae nodded in silent reply, glancing down at her ticking clock. It was always accurate, even when she changed time zones or it was daylight savings time. The thing just seemed to know. Strange, but it made the girl on time for most of her activities.

She continued to nod as he spoke, figuring he was right. Everyone thought for themselves, except for the selfless, which did not include her. Renae shrugged, finishing off her hot chocolate. "You're right," she concluded with a sigh. There wasn't a point in wishing for what you could never have, but she would most likely continue with her wanting.  

The demigod's icy eyes flicked upwards at him, as she wondered if he was done. "I -uh," she said, directing her gaze back to the empty cup. "I should be going, then."
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 pm

"Oh, right.... Ok." He said, a look of disappointment flickering across his face before a mask covered it. "Maybe we could do this again sometime?" he asked. He had actually enjoyed getting to know Renae, and he honestly did want to do it again. He liked her, and would take the chance to get to know her more any day. "Maybe you could get something else broken for me to fix so we could have an excuse to come back here." He joked with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:00 pm

renae katherine hufford

Renae thought she saw a wave of disappointment wash over the boy's features. Was he sad to see her go? The thought was flattering, but she wasn't sure about that. Did he like her? That thought was also something foreign to her. "Sure," she said with a quick flash of a smile, before it vanished into the rest of her features.

She rose from the booth quickly, letting a small smile escape from her lips as he joked. "Maybe so," Renae said with a shrug. She felt like part of her was dragging her towards the doors, she wanted sleep. Her blade was feeling heavy in her backpack as she stood, reminding her that Terminus wouldn't be pleased if he caught her with it fixed. "Well, see you round, Will." the demigod said with a wave, before she walked out of the shop towards the fourth.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:41 pm

He wasn't happy to see her leave, but she probably had other things to do anyway. He walked out after her, calling out "It's William" with a grin. He split paths with her, walking back to the forges to continue working on his project. The sword wasn't going to finish itself after all. As he walked back to the forges, he kept thinking about her past and the little he knew about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the forges (Open)   At the forges (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the forges (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2