Camp Jupiter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Jupiter

The Camp for Roman demigods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Camp Jupiter!
Camp Jupiter is the sister site of Camp Half-Blood
Please read the rules and updates before making your characters or posting, due to improvements in the site. Thank you!

New Arrival (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:17 pm

Rachel stumbled off the bed of the pickup truck she had stowed away on. She fell almost instantly, landing on her hands and knees. She was bruised, cut, and obviously had a broken ankle. The trip here had been hard. Really hard. And if she didn't get help soon, she wasn't going to be able to finish it. She tried standing up but she couldn't. Her ankle flared in pain and she collapsed onto the ground again. She could vaguely see at least one guard at the entrance, but when she opened her mouth to call for help, so sound came out. She could only hope that he or she would come to help her.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:34 pm

maxwell alexander straz

Max was on guard duty with a fellow member of the fifth cohort, Liam. So far, after the first hour on the shift, the guy had fallen asleep propped up on his javelin. The demigod ran a hand through his tousled raven colored hair, looking around for anything moving.

The river was moving behind him, in a rather annoyingly loud way. However, a figure fell out of nearby truck, with a thump. At first, Maxwell though it was some cargo, but it couldn't be. Jogging over to the fallen form, he noticed it was a girl a bit older than him. "Oh gods, gods," Max muttered.

He noticed several cuts, and her ankle looked swollen. "Hey," Max muttered, kneeling down by her. "Welcome to Camp Jupiter!" he said in his best showman voice, while he fumbled in his backpack for some medicine. It was supposed to be the first aid pack, but it didn't seem to be stocked with much. However, there was a splint in it. "I'm Max, what's your name?" he asked, hoping that she was still responsive.
outfit
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:44 pm

She vaguely registered one of the guards running over to her. She had almost passed out, but perked up when she heard 'Camp Jupiter', at least as much as she could. "R.. Rachel." She said in a dry, raspy voice, not much louder than a whisper. Her eyes came into focus, and she could see the boy above her rummaging through his bag. Coughing, she tried to roll over but she found that her ankle did not allow that, nor did the multiple broken ribs. If it weren't for that strange dog, it would've been much worse. What she could only assume had been hellhounds would've torn her to shreds. She could still feel their claws raking across her stomach, and if she had the strength to move her head and look down she could probably see the marks too.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 7:46 pm

maxwell alexander straz

Max nodded at her name, still trying to figure out how he was going to fix this girl. Oh gods, what did he get himself into? The girl's voice was dry, and borderline nonexistent. "Great!" he muttered, throwing the rest of the backpack to the side, he found some tools to help. "I'm just gonna, ah, try to slit your ankle." Maxwell almost hit himself, slit? He didn't want the girl scared of him. "Splint! Not slit, I wouldn't - uh."

The demigod slid down to her ankle, which was very swollen. He didn't want to risk hurting her, but she couldn't help herself at the moment. "Don't mind me," he muttered, setting the brace up. Once that was done, he wondered how much support it would really give her. Max didn't have much time to think, though.

He found some antibacterial stuff, at least that's what he hoped it was. "I'll just be putting this on your er, injuries okay?" Maxwell asked, getting to work before she could answer. The demigod guessed it would sting, but it was for the best.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Rachel only barely registered the boy above her until her ankle flared with pain. On impulse she used what little energy she had to cry out in pain. She was in and out of consciousness, vaguely reacting to the stinging sensation with a hiss of sorts. She needed to make sure she was at her destination before she let herself go. She didn't want to know, she needed to know. If she wasn't, her entire journey would've been for nothing. A feeling of cold came over her, so she said with chattering teeth "I-Is this camp?"
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 pm

As one of his attempts to move up in Camp Jupiter, Shizune was patrolling the camp itself, having not gone to check on the Camp's guards. Opening the door, he noticed Liam asleep on his javelin, which wouldn't have been as bad, if a wounded looking girl had not been being tended to by Max. Shizune swiftly kicked Liam's javelin out from under him to wake him up and punish at the same time as he ran over to the two to check. He bent down to look at the injuries, a shadow of movement in his peripherals, "Could you two hurry up?" He asked rather rudely, noticing some hellhounds still tracing the girl running up the side of the hill. He formed fists and gauntlets appeared, with light flames on them. He brutally spinning backfisted the first hellhound and threw the second one off of him. "Max give me... some help!" he panted, as it charged again.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 am

maxwell alexander straz

Max nodded as her question, silently putting cloth bandages on the wounds that he could. Personally, the boy hated fixing people up, because he was awful at it, and people in pain were usually pretty awful too. "Yep, gotta love the demigod life, running around like maniacs and almost dying every other day," he muttered, when he heard another voice.

Frowning up at the boy, who he recognized as Shizune, some kid from the First, the boy rolled his eyes. "Can't rush perfection." Maxwell was almost done anyways. He wished he had something for the girl's pain, but he didn't. "Sorry, Rachel, that's all I can do for now -" he said softly, before noticing the hellhounds.

"Oh gods, give me a break," he moaned, drawing his sword. Maxwell stood from the girl, glancing at her before going to help the other guy. He took the one that wasn't directly on Shizune. The demigod jabbed at the monster, stabbing at it's midsection.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 am

Rachel gave a sigh of relief when she saw the boy above her nod his head. She was still in excruciating pain, but the splint and bandages were doing her a bit better. She was on the verge of passing out, black spots dancing before her eyes, when she saw a second boy come along. Then came the hellhounds. The first was taken down by this new boy, and the second by the first boy. The last thing she remembered before passing out was a flash of blue before her eyes. To everyone else watching, a blue hound appeared. It outweighed the average hellhound, and had a few glowing points on it's body. The hound leapt over Rachel and sank it's teeth into the third and final hellhound, causing it to dissolve into dust. The hound itself then have each boy a one over and nudged Rachel rather... Affectionately. After assuring itself that she was indeed alive, the majority of it's body disappeared, leaving only the glowing points, which then shot into the sky. A blue aura disappeared from around Rachel's body, and she murmured in her sleep.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:39 pm

maxwell alexander straz

Max thought he was dreaming when he saw a blue hound. He blinked, rubbing his eyes for a brief moment. While he was doing that, the one of the hellhounds swiped him to the ground. Soon after, it turned into golden dust. He didn't understand what just happened, but guessed that it had something to do with Rachel.

Leaning upwards, the boy looked over at Rachel, seeing a blue aura surround her. "What the -" he muttered, searching around for where the blue thing went. "Rachel?" Maxwell asked, poking her shoulder lightly. She was out. Great.

"Shizune, can you uh -" he asked, pointing at the girl. Max didn't want to say that she was too heavy for him, because she probably wasn't, but he kind of had no upper body strength. "You'll be okay," Max promised her softly.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:22 am

Shizune smirked at Max, guessing why he didn't want to lift the girl himself. He leaned over, caressing her face for a split second before he picked her up effortlessly and said, "lead the way" before staring at her face, noticing how attractive she was, her long brown hair. He froze the moment in his mind and looked up. Praying that he was the only one to see it, hoping Max was gone. He might actually try for this girl, whatever her name might be. A lot of mystery shrouded her person, and he was planning on being the person to burn that shroud, to find out everything about her, from her favorite color to what made her swoon. For now however, carrying her would do.
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:31 am

Rachel was out cold. She honestly had no idea what happened until her eyes fluttered open to a boy carrying her towards the tunnel she had seen before. He was rather attractive, but she wasn't exactly concerned with that at the moment. Her head tilted a bit and she saw the remains of the hellhounds. Had one of the boys taken out the last one, or had something else? She herself was still trying to figure out what exactly had happened when the hound defended her the first time, and it wasn't beyond her to think that it had happened again. It only took a few more steps before she felt the darkness closing in again, inevitably passing out once again. At least this time she knew she was safe for sure.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:42 am

maxwell alexander straz

Max watched Shizune pick up the girl's crumpled form with ease, like it was picking up paper. Easy. The demigod knew he would've hurt the girl more if he had even tried, so he was grateful for the boy's assistance. However, he did notice the look Shizune gave Rachel, but didn't say anything about it.

"To the, uh, where?" Maxwell muttered, picking up the remains of the medical kit that was scattered around. He saw the girl's eyes open, which was good, but he guessed he wasn't needed right now. "I think you got this," he added, looking at the form of the girl.

"I should uh, do something, uh, else, uh-" the demigod muttered, running a hand through his fluttered black hair. Max jogged ahead of them, to Liam, where he was still wandering about in confusion. He was going to report back to their commanding officer and explain what happen. Besides, it seemed like Shizune had his eyes set on Rachel.

occ: max has exited
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:23 am

Rachel didn't know how far she had been carried towards camp before she woke up in a cold sweat, tumbling out of the boy's arms and falling to the floor. Her head hurt, a lot, but it was nothing compared to her chest or her ankle. She backwards crawled a little, at least as much as she could. She was wide awake now, but she had questions. Rachel could see the second boy who arrived, but there was no sign of the first. "Where is Max?" She asked the boy who carried her. She vaguely remembered thinking of him as attractive, and her earlier thoughts were confirmed. His elvish figure was good looking by her standards, but she couldn't place his eyes. There was something... Not quite right about them. Regardless, she wanted her questions answered. Without Max, she would've surely died, so she wanted to thank him.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:05 am

Shizune ran a hand through his hair and sat on his haunches, so he was at eye level with the girl. "Max.... Left somewhere." He told her. Not sure on where the boy had gone, only that he had an awkward vibe to him, as if he knew something that Shizune hadn't known before. "I'll tell him to find you later. Where are you from?" Shizune changed the subject, trying to get the conversation off of Max, and onto him and whoever the mysterious girl was, instead. Staring into her eyes, her beautiful, silver eyes, Shizune forgot about everything else and started to move towards them, finally reaching the girl and caressing her face. Once he noticed this however, he fell back on his bottom and shook his head, muttering, "Sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:19 am

"Oh..." Rachel sighed. She was disappointed that Max had left, but thankful that this boy had helped her all the same. "Uh... Pennsylvania." She responded to his question. When he reached for her, she gave him a strange look. It wasn't that she minded exactly, but she had only just met the boy. She didn't even know his name. "It's ok... What's your name?" She asked, gently pushing his hand away. She couldn't exactly pin the type of person he was down, but she was glad he was here. After what happened back home... It was good to get a new start here at camp.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:07 pm

"Sorry, I don't know what just happened" Shizune stuttered,feeling the awkward in the air after what he just did, or atleast what he thought he did. Something about her eyes, and that hellhound that just came from the stars it seemed. "My names Shizune, but you can just call me Chibi" He said with a smile. His rings gleamed and his sword strapped on his back tapped the floor, startling him, so he pulled it out, studying his four foot long black sword that he picked up on his way to camp a long time ago. He pulled off the dagger part of it and handed it to her, "good with swords? Daggers? What"
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 pm

"Hey, I said it's ok." She reminded him with a small smile. "Uh... I don't really fight. I guess I'm gonna learn though right?" She asked. Rachel really didn't know what she was doing here. She didn't know how to fight or survive or anything, and least of all how to kill. "What happened out there?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Shizune smiled when she said she would learn, he would hopefully be the one to teach her. "Okay I'll teach you some alright?" He laughed, but his good mood depleted when she asked what happened, "Hellhounds, nothing big really, hopefully you didn't see what I, uhhh, did." he told her, hoping to keep his gauntlets and flames a secret until he could control it. "Oh and some blue hound came practically out of the stars to save you and went back, who did you say your parent was again?" Shizune asked quizzically, hoping to get some insight as well as know more about the girl, all while gripping his sword with both hands and squeezing the leather handle, trying to relieve stress.
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:36 pm

She gave a small smile, brushing some hair behind her ear. "Well, if you didn't want me to see, why are you saying you did something in the first place?" She asked, slightly teasing him. "Don't worry, I was pretty much passed out back there..." When he asked about her parentage, she huddled a bit tighter, drawing into herself. "My mom... lived in Pennsylvania. My dad is supposed to be Phainon." The blue hound. She remembered it from the first time. It saved her again? She wondered if this was a power or if she had a guardian angel... or dog. "Was the hound wearing a collar?" She asked. That would confirm if it was the same one from before. She caught sight of a collar when she was saved by it for the first time. It had a name, but she hadn't figured out what it was yet.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Shizune dove into the depths of his horrible memory, "I think.... so?" He managed to say with hardly any remembrance. Whatever had happened seemed to trouble her, not disastrously however. "I'm a son of.... Ira. " Shizune stumbled, not yet sure he should reveal his Vulcan attributes to this strange girl just yet. He didn't know anything about her. "SWORD UP!" He roared as he lightly struck above her head, stopping before he reached her, as to not hurt her in any way for practice.
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Rachel screamed, caught totally off guard. She had only just arrived at camp, what was this boy doing? She stumbled back, out of the range of the sword, before the hound materialized again. This time, instead of tearing apart monsters, it leapt toward Shizune, forcing the sword out of his hands and pinning him to the ground. The hound growled, threatening to sink it's fans into the boy if he so much as lifted a finger. Rachel paused for a moment, giving herself a chance to calm down, before getting herself up and off the ground and stepping towards the dog. "Heel" she said in a calm, commanding voice. The dog complied, getting off of Shizune and sitting next to Rachel. She leaned down and checked the collar. "Laelaps..." She read off of it, trying to place the name. "Laelaps!" She repeated "This is the legendary hunting dog Laelaps. He's destined to always catch what he chases. One time he was set to chase the Teumessian Fox, which was destined never to be caught, so Jupiter turned them both in to constellations to stop the paradox. He's commonly known as Canis Major, and the fox is Canis Minor... I can't believe it's really him!" She exclaimed, a large grin on her face. Shizune attacking her was forgotten, for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival (Open)   New Arrival (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Arrival (Open)
Page 1 of 1