Camp Jupiter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Jupiter

The Camp for Roman demigods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Camp Jupiter!
Camp Jupiter is the sister site of Camp Half-Blood
Please read the rules and updates before making your characters or posting, due to improvements in the site. Thank you!

don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] Empty
PostSubject: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 pm

don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] 5uebg4don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] 2m4adty

Brynne Carson
Brynne wasn't swimming because it was a punishment, she was swimming because it kept her in shape. Most people would consider the freshly opened waters a suicide mission, but the Roman liked the idea of a challenge. She was determined to tackle anything in her path, even if it was freezing waters. Goosebumps formed on her exposed skin as she slipped her feet into dark blue water. A short tee shirt covered over her swim suit, as if it would help maintain some body heat. The girl then pushed off the edge of the dock, her body plunging into the open water.

She opened her eyes in the water, a murky night displaying in front of her as she surfaced. The water wasn't more than sixty degrees, and would surely freeze her if she didn't start moving soon. The demigod began swimming, using a front crawl as the stroke. Her movements were quick and rehearsed, every kick and pull was to the highest of standards. A silvery moon shone high in the sky, being the only light source for the daughter of Bellona.

After ten laps from the floating buoy and back to the dock, the demigod was exhausted. Her muscles ached and her body was screaming for rest. However, Brynne wouldn't let it rest until she could pull herself from the water and onto the dock. Her hands were set at the top of the wooden planks, and she inhaled. Exhaled. The girl clenched her muscles, trying to pull herself up, but to no avail. Groaning, she let go and floated in the water, hoping that a rest would let allow her to get up eventually.  

The sound of the dock creaking caused her to return to an upright position. Someone was on the dock. "Who's there?" she called, hoping it wasn't a guard. Brynne wasn't scared by anyone, but she surely didn't want punishment for exercising.
outfit

Last edited by moon on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Shizune, not being to sleep apparently, had been out taking a stroll throughout the camp, when he heard a noise coming from the lake. Out of suspense, he pulled out his longsword and split it into another shorter dagger like one that allowed him to move about. His attention was focused on the dock he was currently walking on, but hadn't the slightest idea on where the person or creature was.

Looking out, he saw a figure slowly moving away from her, which then jerked straight up at a creak from the dock beneath him. The figure then asked who was there, and with little thought, he set his longsword into his ring form but kept the dagger out as he quietly dove into the water and went down before moving towards the figure in the water. At times he would create little flames that went out with a stream of bubbles from his hands to portray actual fish and other creatures at intervals in the water.

With a move so silent it shouldn't have alerted the girl, he ducked around her and moved up, "Why what do we have here?" He whispered as he came out of the water. "It's awfully late for someone such as yourself to be out by herself. It would be a shame... if something happened" He smiled playfully and began to massage the girls shoulders, expecting a punch or attack anytime soon and ready to counter it.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:08 am

Brynne  Carson
Brynne didn't hear a reply from the dock, or the person who had caused the noise. As much of a rule abider she could be, the girl didn't really care if she got caught. After all, the girl was merely improving her skills, who could punish her for that? If anything, it was just another thing that proved she was better than other demigods here. She liked the sound of that, it drove her to perfection in everything she did. Not for the glory or responsibility, but for bragging rights.

Her senses were on high alert, but she couldn't detect the figure behind her, or its movements. A whisper caught her off guard, along with the touch along her shoulders, through two layers of clothing. It could've been ten and Brynne still would've felt exposed as she let out a girlish shriek, sending a punch towards the nose of her invader.

"Don't touch me!" she demanded, treading closer to the dock. In the limited light of the moon, she couldn't make out the figure in front of her, but identified it as a male. Brynee didn't like being touched, it reminded her of beatings and bruises, as well as a good many other things she swore to forget.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:57 am

With a smile, Shizune caught the punch and moved with the girl back to the dock. "Don't be scared of me please.." He said as the girl yelled at him, hurt struck his voice. "I'm harmless I promise!" He said, hands going into the air as he walked onto land. Something obvious had happened to this girl, as to why she responded the way she did so strongly.

He analyzed the girl and thought about possible threats and troubles that could happen. This girl seemed to be cute, but something about the way she talks, and the preciseness in her words, had hurt him, and he felt like he messed up big. Shizune was hoping to not mess it up with this girl, but as he looked into this girls eyes, he didn't know what to feel. "My names Shizune... But you can call me Chibi" He added with a shy smile.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Brynne  Carson
Brynne exhaled as the boy caught her punch, her face controrting as she did so. He must've expected her to punch him, otherwise he wouldn't have so easily interrupted her angry attack. Most people failed to do that. The demigod watched him hesitantly as he exited the water, the girl was expecting an attack again, and this time she would be ready. His comment would've made her laugh if she hadn't been so eager for a fight.

As she exited the water, goosebumps formed on her exposed skin. Brynne's soaked tee shirt clung to her body, before it was hastily covered by a towel. She didn't respond, why should she? The girl wasn't in the moos for talking to a random stranger that snuck up on her. All her morals pointed away from that, no matter how twisted it could be.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 12:08 am

Shizune didn't mean to, but as the girl came out with a wet shirt he could only smile and then widen his eyes when he realized what he had done. He tried to form words but it came out as a stammering mess, as he had nothing to say to what he saw. "I... Uh... Umm.... sorry" He said sheepishly as his face reddened even with the girl being furious with how he had introduced himself.

Trying to gather himself, he breathed in then out, and then began to reintroduce himself, "I'm Shizune... I'm sorry I came off how I did.." he whispered shortly after. His actions had been uncalled for, but he thought he was just being playful, but that was apparently not the case. Shizune looked the girl up and down and stopped at her face the second he saw it. She could have just been the most beautiful girl he had ever met. His jaw dropped barely but he quickly shut it with a nervous laugh.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 pm

Brynne  Carson
Brynne noticed his eyes on her and immediately turned a bright vermilion. People didn't look at her like that, at least not without her consent. She didn't give it to him, as she glared at him once more. His stammering and inability to process words only made her roll her eyes; she didn't have time to listen to someone who couldn't speak. "Sure, honey, sure," Brynne replied with a sadistic smirk. Her dark eyes took a passive glance at him before returning to herself as she dried the water droplets from her.

Glancing up at him as he spoke, she looked at him, a lazy expression plastered onto her face. He reminded her of an imp, or and elf. Something you didn't trust, that was for sure. Brynne didn't trust anyone anyways, so why bother with this one. "Charmed, I'm sure," she muttered, pulling her caramel hair into a new ponytail. "Brynne Carson, daughter of Bellona, First Cohort," she spoke as she finished, pride seeping into her voice. The demigod's title was her legacy, she needed it to have an impact on people.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:28 am

At the mention of her cohort and heritage, Shizune's eyes lit up and his gaze shifted to hers. "That's why you looked so familiar!" He stated, a smile on his face, "I'm in the first cohort as well! Although, I'm a son of Ira, contained by the uhhhh...." His speech fell off as he pointed to his ring that contained all his anger. "Don't be afraid of me please" Shizune asked, a voice so soft that it would be hard to be mad at him.

Noticing the pride she had in her words however, intimidated him but not to the extremes, but only prompted him to brush his knuckle on accident and his gauntlets sprang into existence, to which he gasped and closed his hands, sending them into ring form again. "Sorry about... Well everything" He admitted, not sure on how he could make amends with a girl he had practically molested. Shizune then sat down, waiting for how the girl would react, or if she would react at all. The thought of First Cohort exploded in his mind, for he had known others were better than him, a boy who was afraid to feel anger and afraid of being unwanted. This encounter got rather odd, had flames not arose from his hands on the shore, causing the air behind him to smoke, but he had no idea that his Vulcan side had arose yet again, so why would it bother him?
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Brynne  Carson
Brynne raised an eyebrow at his pleased expression, not quite sure why he had this sudden outburst. As he continued speaking, she merely nodded. People of the first were rare, sure, but the girl had gotten used to people knowing who she was and where she came from. This kind of popularity wasn't the good kind, but the expected kind. Her dark eyed gaze flciked to the ring he was pointing to, that must contain his anger, or something. To be honest, the girl didn't really care. "Oh, please, I'm not scared of you," she responded harshly, her eyes narrowing at him. Just because she was female, she was underestimated. Brynne didn't take lightly to such things, but the idea that people underestimated her often drove her to do more than expected.

Her eyes continued to look at his ring as gauntlets formed on his skin, but disappeared shortly after. This time, her eyebrows continued to furrow together, but out of curiosity, and not annoyance. She merely hummed to his reply, not sure how she was supposed to react to the odd boy. As he sat down, she noted the flames that danced around him, her instincts causing her to tense up. "What are you doing?" she asked, softer than normal. "You're on fire." Brynne's eyes were wide with confusion, wondering if this was some sort of trick, or danger.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy
Probatio
Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm

(This post will be ****. Getting back into the groove, sorry)
When she responded with something harsh, Shizune's hopes of befriending her slowly began to crumble. His heart sank, and as it did, he noticed her gaze to his hands. Appalled by what he saw, actual flames sprouting from his hand... This could only mean he was part Vulcan as well, but why was he just now finding out... Out of fear of himself, he slowly backed away from the girl, stumbling and staring at his hands as he laid on his back, pure fear, pasted across his face. Shizune began to shake his head, "No... NO... NOOO" He shouted as flames burst from his hands and shot into the sky, "NOOOO" He screamed, voice cracking, the flames seemed to listen and they stopped as he slowly stood. "stay back... please" He begged.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] 2rz7x2ddon't swim, you'll drown [blazy] Rutnuu

Brynne  Carson
Brynne didn't know what was going on, and worse, he didn't know what what going on either. She instantly pressed the spear on her necklace, causing it to transform into a long weapon, it's sleek grip slipping into her trained hands. "Magic? You have magic?" she demanded, taking a small step backwards, the demigod stared at the flames, their light reflecting in her eyes. It appeared that the boy didn't know what she was doing, but then again, could she trust him? The girl had just met him, and decided against trusting him. She pointed the imperial gold tip towards him, her eyes narrowing once again.

Most recruits would probably take pity on the boy's state, but Brynne wouldn't. She had been stabbed in the many enough times to know to guard herself. The demigod wasn't going to risk the safety of camp for whatever feelings she had. Feelings didn't get you places. Feelings didn't make you praetor. The idea may be selfish, but Brynne wanted the chance of that for herself. "How didn't you know this?" she muttered, speaking more to herself than him. "Stop, before this gets out of hand." She hadn't meant the pun, but it just kind of slipped out.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]   don't swim, you'll drown [blazy] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

don't swim, you'll drown [blazy]
Page 1 of 1