Camp Jupiter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Jupiter

The Camp for Roman demigods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Camp Jupiter!
Camp Jupiter is the sister site of Camp Half-Blood
Please read the rules and updates before making your characters or posting, due to improvements in the site. Thank you!

Ancestral Respect (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

Ancestral Respect (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:44 am

Rune wasn't a son of Pluto. His mother was Trivia, at least that's what his father told him. But his Great-Great-Grandfather was a son of Pluto. Rune was respectful, to say the least. So now he was here, paying his respects in the form of a chunk of gold from his father's attic. He wasn't sure exactly what was supposed to happen. Trivia didn't have a shrine, and he had never really witnessed anyone paying respects to Pluto. So he stood there, leaning against the side of the doorway, turning the gold in his hand and trying to figure out exactly what to do.
Back to top Go down
Scelestus.
Probatio
Scelestus.

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:48 am

WinterQuay
Winter didn't really like it around camp. It was always about fighting. Fighting and winning and becoming the most feared person here at camp. Those things were all important, but it wasn't needed to constantly drill the old Roman ways into their heads like they were doing. She had just got out of a training class which she had been in for two hours, and her muscles were so sore she could barely stand up without her legs wobbling underneath her. She wore comfortable enough clothes, a baby blue sweater with dark skinny jeans with salmon colored converse. Accessories included a white headband with a cream colored bow on top that sat perfectly on her mass of smooth and silky straight brown hair and nerd glasses that covered her clear, deep brown chocolate colored eyes. 

So Winter walked towards Pluto's temple hill for no reason whatsoever. Maybe because it was quiet, and she could think alone, unlike in the corhort 3 cabin, where it was noisy all the time. But sadly there was a boy there, but luckily Winter wasn't hostile. "I think you put it on there and say something like 'Thanks.'" Winter said helpfully.
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE

Last edited by Scelestus. on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:29 am

Rune turned a full 180°, slightly startled by the girl's voice. The only thing more startling than her seemingly sudden appearance was how stunning she looked. Rune stood there like a deer in headlights for a few seconds, his mouth slightly opening and closing as he tried and failed to form words. He shook his head quickly, running his hand through his hair. "Oh... Oh yeah." Rune stuttered slightly. He was never like this, but all he could think of was this girl. His train of thought had been completely and utterly derailed. "I guess I just don't know what to be thankful for." He pondered, half to the girl and half to himself.
Back to top Go down
Scelestus.
Probatio
Scelestus.

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 am

WinterQuay
Winter smiled at the boy, heaving herself up on a ledge that jutted out of the wall. She suspected it was once filled with gems and gold and silver, but had long since been stolen from Mercury's children. She didn't think that Pluto liked that, and she knew that the campers would be punished. She swung her long legs. Winter was short, but her legs were long, it seemed her torso wanted to be below 5'4, and so Winter only reached up to 5'3. She knew she was done growing, but her height was a touchy subject for her. She still felt like a kid sometimes. "Be thankful for being alive, be thankful for the weather." Granted, it was cold and foggy, with snow stuck on the ground. Well, that was the middle of winter for you. Most people hated this season but Winter loved it. Maybe it was because she was named after the season, or maybe it was because her father Aquila was the god of the north wind. Either way, Winter Quay loved this weather. After a couple minutes of silence, Winter jumped down even though it hurt her legs. She almost fell over but caught herself at the last second. She laughed a little to herself nervously. Had she been proven stupid and clumsy? Probably. Everyone thought she was because of her height. "I'm Winter Amelia Quay." She said, sticking her hand out to the boy to shake his hand. "You can call me Winter or Amelia or Quay, or a combo."
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 11:33 am

"Yeah, I guess so. I wouldn't be alive without him siring my great-great-grandfather. And the weather is pretty much my favorite. I love snow and the cold and everything like that." Rune finished his statement with a small smile. He looked at the piece of gold in his hands again, before placing it on the altar and giving a silent prayer to Pluto 'Thank you for... Everything I suppose. I hope you will guide me to the path I am meant to go.' When Winter almost fell, he grabbed her hand, stabilizing her somewhat. He held it for what might be a bit longer than he needed to before letting go, nervously laughing. When she said her name, he smiled. "I'm Rune. Rune Fowls. But you can just call me Rune. As for you... Winter happens to be my favorite season. I hope you don't mind if that's what I call you." He said, this time with a full on genuine smile. He shook her hand, before pulling a small golden ring and started to fiddle with it, although he never slipped it on.
Back to top Go down
Scelestus.
Probatio
Scelestus.

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:12 pm

WinterQuay
"No, no of course I don't mind." Winter smiled, looking down at the floor. The Hades temple was quite dusty, ignored by the other campers and forgotten. Even her footprints were marked in the fine grey powder, the imprints of her chuck taylors as clear as day. She looked back up at Rune, who had started to mess around with a gold ring in his hand, but he never put it on. She thought about her older brother Marcus, who had proposed to his girlfriend last spring. They were going to get married, and Winter was going to be one of the bridesmaids. His fiancee's ring was very pretty if she remembered correctly. Diamonds with Amber gemstones tossed in like stars in the galaxy. Winter would like to have a ring like that someday. "What's that ring for?" Winter asked curiously, looking over Rune's shoulder. 

"I like winter too." Winter smiled. Usually she hated her name and preferred others call her Amelia or Quay, but he liked the season, so he could call her by her birth name. "Well, that's something we've got in common... Uncommon names." Winter smiled boldly, hoping she didn't offend the boy. She was glad she had come to the Hades temple. At first she had come seeking solace from the fighting and loudness and camp, but instead found solace in a boy.
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:57 am

When Winter pointed out the ring, he almost dropped it. It tumbled out of the hand he had previously been holding it in, but he was able to catch it with his other hand. He showed it to her, saying "This is the Ring of Gyges. Plato used it as an example in one of his writings. Anyone who wears it turns invisible." To show her, he slipped it onto his middle finger on his right hand, instantly disappearing. After a few ticks, he removed it. "See?" He said with a small smile. When she mentioned their rather unusual names, he chuckled ever so slightly. "Yeah... Strange as they may be, I've always liked my name. Strange and wonderful are quite often synonymous." He smiled at Winter. She had a good feeling to her. Nothing visible, nothing in what she said, but being around her just made him feel... Good. He was glad they had run into each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancestral Respect (Open)   Ancestral Respect (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancestral Respect (Open)
Page 1 of 1